Based in Barcelona, Spain
15 October, 2015
Apple App Store
Spanish pixel art indie developer, the Appnormals Team in partnership with artisan mobile games publisher and coffee brewer Balloon 27, today announced that iOS players from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, can now serve coffee in the dark twisted realms of outer space to a cast of crazy caffeine addicted aliens in Super Barista - a new mobile and tablet strategy action game that mixes tower defence and time management, whilst players satisfy the coffee consumption of an oddball cast of intergalactic visitors. “The development of Super Barista has been a fantastic intergalactic adventure that has finally landed on the App Store”, said Ignacio Diaz, Co-Founder and Art Director of the Appnormals Team. “With an awesome pixel art style quite unlike anything else, fast paced finger tapping action that will require endless cups of the black stuff to stay focused, Super Barista is simply out of this world”. In Super Barista, build an intergalactic cafe complete with tables, drones, vending machines and robotic coffee vendors, and serve the galactic clientele of caffeine addicts their favourite drinks. Super Barista features pixel art in the form of collectable cards that unlock new levels and content, from popular pixel artists across five continents including eBoy, Octavi Navarro (Pixels Huh), Henrik Pettersson (Mojang). Craig Robinson (Flip Flop Flyin'), Luis Zuno, OLAV or Thomas Frick as well as comic artist Fabvalle. Super Barista features 40 levels on five intergalactic planets (Moonwalker, Hellarious, Gleethclub. Robot-Soil and Antennarea), with five alien races (Humans, Murgaks, Gleeths, the S.M.O.R.G and Antenoids) that will require the barista to serve alien customers their favourite drinks. With 10 additional levels that can be unlocked through the collectible card collection and three difficulty levels (Normal, Hard and Hyper), Super Barista is an intergalactic challenge that will test the mind power of any tablet or mobile player.
- Serve coffee in the outter space to a cast of crazy caffeine addicted aliens.
- Strategy action game that mixes tower defence and time management.
- Unique pixel art style and retro look and feel.
- Features 40 levels on five intergalactic planets with five alien races.
- Collectable cards that unlock new levels and content, from popular pixel artists across five continents including eBoy, Octavi Navarro (Pixels Huh), Henrik Pettersson (Mojang). Craig Robinson (Flip Flop Flyin'), Luis Zuno, OLAV or Thomas Frick as well as comic artist Fabvalle.
- This game is a fast paced finger tapping action that will require endless cups of the black stuff to stay focused.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "3DWire" Most Innovative Mobile Game (2016)
- "3HMA" Finalist Best Mobile Game (2016)
- "Indie Prize Tel Aviv" Nominated Best Game for Kids and Family (2016)
About Appnormals Team
Appnormals Team is an award-winning indie studio from Barcelona, Spain. Co-founded by long-term friends Inaki Diaz and Dani Moya, who respectively worked in multiple fields of design and coding for many years, the creative duo started a journey together because of their passion for pixel art and love for old school games. After releasing several casual mobile titles such as the acclaimed ‘Super Barista’, Appnormals is dedicated to developing genuinely innovative games across multiple platforms; titles which embrace the studio’s quest for original mechanics, unique premises and a hallmark retro look and feel.
More information on Appnormals Team, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Super Barista Credits
Co-Founder and Art Director, Appnormals Team
Co-Founder and Develper, Appnormals Team
Monetisation Expert, B27
Concept Art, Freelancer
Music and Sound FX expert, Freelancer